If you’re one of the lucky Utahns who doesn’t have to labor on Labor Day this year, consider yourself lucky.
If you’re also looking for something to do besides binging on scones and Netflix, well, we’ve got you covered.
Labor Day weekend should be a time to recognize how Americans contribute to the economy, and also a chance to take a break from your own work and spend time with loved ones.
Here are 24 different ideas to spend this long weekend with some fun activities around Utah.
1. Swiss Days, Midway
The 2017 Midway Swiss Days take place Sept. 1 and 2 at the Town Square in Midway, and feature food, drinks, kids activities and a parade.
2. Park Silly Sunday Market, Park City
Park Silly Market is an open-air market and festival in Park City, featuring local and regional art, music and gourmet foods. Runs every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from June 4 through Sept. 17.
3. Utah Shakespeare Festival
The Utah Shakespeare Festival is based at the campus of Southern Utah University in Cedar City. There’s free family entertainment, including The Greenshow before the play begins, and even repertory magic for $8.
4. Evanston Cowboy Days, Uinta County Fairgrounds
The Evanston Cowboy Days run Sept. 1-4, 2017 at the Uinta County Fairgrounds in Evanston, Wyoming. Check out the pizza party with Miss Rodeo Wyoming on Friday, and the Buds & Burger competition on Sunday.
5. Blues, Brews & BBQ, Snowbasin
Head up to Snowbasin through Sept. 24, 2017 and enjoy BBQ food, ice cold drinks and free music every Sunday from noon to 5:30 p.m.
6. Daggett Daze Boat Parade of Lights & Fireworks
I had to grab a snap of this one! . . . . . . . . #insta_sky_reflection #earth_reflect #splendid_reflections #pocket_reflections #loves_united_life #loves_united_reflections #worldmastershotz_sunsky #majestic_earth #clouds_of_the_earth #redrockcanyon #sunsets #amazingsunset wowutah #werutah #xputah #utahcollective #utahunique #visitutah #lifeelevated #findyourpark #utahisrad #utahisawesome #beautahful #flaminggorge #greenriver
7. No Name Chili Fest, Snowbasin
8. Ogden Farmers Market
9. Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Championship
10. Park City Miner’s Day & Labor Day Celebration
11. Oktoberfest, Snowbird
12. Payson City Golden Onion Days
13. Wasatch Front Farmers Market, Gardner Village
14. Polynesian Days
15. Labor Day Music Festival, Tooele
16. Labor Day Picnic & Car Show, Magna Park